Green Card Application

Green Card Visa and Work the USA

Work The Usa

Many people come to the United States each year to work because they see it as a land of opportunity. Some only want to work here while others want to eventually become citizens.

The reason that this is so is because the United States wants to welcome people from different countries but they also want to make sure that all people are safe within the borders. Because of this all people coming into the country to stay for any period of time will have to obtain a visa.

When you want to work the USA, you will need to obtain a non-immigration visa. This allows an individual to work in the United States for a period of time. This visa is called an H-1B Visa and it allows professional people who have “Specialty occupations” to contribute to the American economy.

This is important because not everyone who has a profession can come to the U.S. to work. Each year 65,000 H-1B Visas are issued and people can have them for three years. At the end of those three years it can be extended under certain circumstances for another three years. Usually these are sponsored by the company where the individual is working.

It is not something that can be received for a period longer than six years. When you want to work the USA you are more likely to obtain this visa if you are working in computers in any capacity, if you are a financial analyst, doctor, nurse, architect, scientist or lawyer. The individual should have a bachelor’s degree or experience that would represent a decree and many should have a master’s degree.

It is a good idea to check the USCIS website for information because there are several exceptions that apply to certain situations or certain countries that can be beneficial when you want to work the USA.

If you decide that you want to continue to stay in the United States after the three or six years that you have come to work you will want to obtain a permanent resident visa. You cannot become a permanent resident on the work visa alone. You must apply to become a citizen through the USCIS so that you can stay a longer time.

Many people decide that they want to stay and they go through the process. One of the most popular ways to work the USA after the three or six year period is to enter the Green Card Lottery. Each year the U.S. allows 50,000 from many different countries to enter the U.S. If you are from one of those countries it can be a good idea to make an application to the lottery.

Some employers will sponsor you for permanent citizenship if you have been a hard worker and they feel they need you for a longer time. It is a good idea to ask them first before you make application for the Green Card Lottery because this can be the simplest solution.

When you want to work the USA it is very important to do it in a legal way because it can become very difficult for people when they have come to the U.S. illegally. The United States frowns on this type of activity because of 9/11 and other challenges.

If you want to work the USA make sure that you get the appropriate visa for what you want to do.

Leave a Comment